Gibson reviews the performance advantages of striping data across multiple disks, evaluates the performance lost to the maintenance of redundant data, provides evidence that disk lifetimes can be modeled as exponential random variables, and develops and applies analytic models of data reliability in redundant disk arrays suffering dependent failure modes and featuring on-line space disks.
- Gartners Top 10 Predictions for IT in 2017 and Beyond
- Gartners Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2017
- Virtuous Machines -- How Analytics Will Underpin Artificial Intelligence
- 4 Ways Business Intelligence Software Improves Data Analysis
- Heart Organization Building Big Data Platform to Aid Precision Medicine