Internet technology has changed all that forever! In this insightful book, managers and information technology professionals get a clear-eyed overview of what's required to set up and use distributed data warehouses--which utilize multiple computers (networked together via Internet technology) to store and access data as needed. The book takes a look at: * Basic functions and benefits of a distributed data warehouse and what's required to set one up * Many of the complex technical issues involved, such as placement of functions and data, web-enabled computing technologies, object technologies, and more * The full spectrum of what a data warehouse can deliver--and how to exploit it * How to present and justify a business case for creating a data warehouse.
DEC 31, 1969
- 4 Predictions for Cloud Computing and Machine Learning In 2017
- Cloud Computing Sees Huge Growth Rates Across All Segments
- 14 Top Paying Data & Business Intelligence Jobs for 2017
- Why CIOs Should Prioritize People Analytics in 2017
- Organizational Complexity Greatest Threat to Cybersecurity, Study Finds