Written by a leading expert in the field, this guide focuses on the convergence of two major trends in information managementbig data and information governanceby taking a strategic approach oriented around business cases and industry imperatives. With the advent of new technologies, enterprises are expanding and handling very large volumes of data; this book, nontechnical in nature and geared toward business audiences, encourages the practice of establishing appropriate governance over big data initiatives and addresses how to manage and govern big data, highlighting the relevant processes, procedures, and policies. It teaches readers to understand how big data fits within an overall information governance program; quantify the business value of big data; apply information governance concepts such as stewardship, metadata, and organization structures to big data; appreciate the wide-ranging business benefits for various industries and job functions; sell the value of big data governance to businesses; and establish step-by-step processes to implement big data governance.
- Why Most Business Intelligence Tools Fail the 'Hadoop Test'
- 4 Skill Sets the Next Generation of Big Data Analysts Are Learning
- Super Bowl 50: Houghton Data Science Students Score Big Behind the Scenes
- 1 In 3 Americans Victim of Healthcare Data Breach in 2015
- Super Bowl 50: From Data Science Classroom to Sport's Premier Event