I quite enjoyed the recent O’Reilly Webcast “Python for Data Analysis” by Wes McKinney. Besides learning about the useful Python shell, IPython, I was introduced to the powerful package pandas, which sits on top of NumPy and matplotlib, adding a wealth of easily-accessible “munging” and data analysis capabilities for Python programmers. McKinney was an excellent presenter, and I can’t wait to get his book this week at Strata + Hadoop World Conference in New York City.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!