As Nate Silver explained in What the Fox Knows, his blog post manifesto about data journalism, “the plural of anecdote is data,” the aphorism of political scientist Ray Wolfinger, makes sense. “Data does not have a virgin birth,” Silver wrote. “It comes to us from somewhere. Someone set up a procedure to collect and record it.” Silver broke down the process by which anecdote becomes data into four steps: collection, organization, explanation, and generalization.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!