Every year we see the same cycle of predictions on the use and future of technology in the industry. In many areas the predictions are absent of relevance to one industry or another, let alone impact certain sized organizations. I have to chuckle to read the array of them from conventional wisdom ones like balancing supply and demand to organizations through efficient use of S&OP and organizations moving from reporting to intelligence. Even one that predicts IT will shift twenty percent of their technology use in the enterprise to cloud computing in 2010 is stretching it a bit -- even if its an interesting technology strategy.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!