On Tuesday, IBM unveiled the most recent incarnation of the often maligned Mainframe. As has come to be expected, the new machine, dubbed the zEnterprise EC12, includes many technological advances and offers potentially substantial performance improvements. However, this analyst suggests that it is more significant to focus on how the EC12 embodies and illustrates IBM’s ongoing, increasingly Cloud-oriented strategy.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!