Critics of the open source R Project for Statistical Computing often cite the complexity and quirkiness of the R language as a downside when comparing the platform against competitors, claiming it takes months and even years to master language intricacies. And though there are GUI front-ends to help (with a major one in the works from Revolution Analytics), according to the critics, R is still a complex language to work with.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!