I got an email the last week in January from the R help list announcing the release of the newest version of glmnet, a statistical learning algorithm that fits lasso and elastic net regularization paths for squared error, binomial and multinomial models via coordinate descent. Dont be ashamed if you find that description a bit abstruse: just know youre not alone! Suffice it to say that glmnet is a state-of-the-art modeling package that handles the prediction of interval and categorical dependent variables efficiently.
The R Statistical Learning Lasso
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!
Are you actively evaluating master data management technologies and their ability to scale and support emerging trends around big data, social and mobile?