The need for IT professionals to be more responsive to their processes and systems or address underlying issues in their systems is no easy task for many organizations. In fact, most IT organizations have dozens of applications and systems that generate notifications into log files that generally go unused. These files traditionally have been a challenge to determine severity of information in them and provide them easily to a range of individuals in IT who need to be proactive in management of their systems and not reactive. In the last several years, a technology vendor named Splunk has come to market with a solution to index these volumes of log files and provide search and display capabilities along with now a new generation of interactivity and application capabilities. I wrote about the advancement of search for IT earlier this year (See: “Search Technology Innovates Business and IT This Time“).
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!