At Salesforce.com Dreamforce 2009 conference a new generation of technology for enterprise class collaboration and social interactions has been introduced for business called Salesforce Chatter. Salesforce describes this as a new ‘Cloud’ of computing beyond their sales and service clouds that are already available in their second generation cloud versions. This interestingly named product is a combination of collaboration technologies that enable Facebook-like interfaces for discussion across sales and service applications within Salesforce.com. The software is available as a service where you rent access to the use of the collaboration capabilities on a monthly basis but available as part of existing subscriptions to Salesforce CRM applications and platform.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!