My Wake Forest and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) daughter got the last soccer laugh, well-enjoying watching her dad (me) eat analytics crow. A few weeks ago, responding to her bravado that all four top seeds in the D1 women’s soccer tournament were from the ACC, I used RPI rankings to counter that regular season data actually had the Big Ten as the top conference going into post-season, from my calculations slightly edging the ACC. The presumption was that the Big Ten and ACC would joust through the six rounds of the tournament.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!