Ruby Monday – Part 1 introduced the agile programming language Ruby as my current favorite “data munging” tool in the tradition of Awk, Perl and Python. Today's blog embellishes on Ruby's suitability for basic data management tasks that precede BI and analytics. In next week's finale, I'll outline the “Ruby solution” to my stock portfolio returns simulation.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!