It's not often in the spring that I'm glad to live in Chicago, but the weekend of April 16-17 was one of those times. Friend and neighbor Gib Bassett, Associate Dean at the College of Business, University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC), and Director, Center for Futures and Derivatives (ICFD), invited me to an international conference on the latest developments from the R Project for Statistical Computing for applications in applied quantitative finance. Friday was a gorgeous 80 degree day in Chicago, and while Saturday was cool, my home commute was 30 minutes from UIC. Contrast that with the many European conference presenters, some of whom are still in Chicago almost a week later, victims of the continuing volcanic ash cloud problems.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!