Im getting ready to start another predictive modeling effort and decided to turn to several trusted stats books for a quick review. Three favorites include Maindonald and Brauns Data Analysis and Graphics Using R, The Elements of Statistical Learning, by Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman, and Frank Harrells Regression Modeling Strategies. The books provide a nice balance of theory and practice, statistical inference and statistical learning.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!