I participate in a data mining/predictive modeling discussion group with a major social networking web site. Recently, a topic entitled “Misconceptions about statistics” surfaced, the reaction to an article in the BI media. That post had leveled several criticisms at statistical methods for predictive modeling. Among them:
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!