The Internet of Things (IoT) is exploding in popularity as companies look to take advantage of new ways to use device- and sensor-generated data to create new Digital Business models or to augment existing systems and processes. Despite the novelty however, many businesses remain unsure of how this information can be collected, analyzed, and incorporated into existing systems. In Saugatuck’ most recent Digital Business survey, 41 percent of respondents indicated that they were either very or extremely committed to taking advantage of the Internet of Things (IoT), and 47 percent indicated that they were using sensor technologies to enhance the delivery of digital products and services. (1390SSR, 2014 Enterprise Intelligence Survey: Digital Business & Hybrid Cloud, 20 June 2014)
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!