It’s a tumultuous period for big-time college athletics. The conferences that have long defined Division 1 sports are under siege, some being re-constituted by the month. The highbrow SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten and ACC have been busy annexing schools outside their traditional geographies, fueled by the bonanza of cable TV payouts. And the Big East, just a few years ago the most powerful basketball conference, is now all but gone, functioning as little more than a spare parts store for the big dogs.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!