I received an email from software vendor Salford Systems the other day announcing new training classes for their data mining and predictive analytics product SPM, Salford Predictive Modeler. SPM 7 supports a number of the latest and most powerful statistical learning models developed by academics at Stanford and Cal, the two top-rated statistics departments – hence the name Salford. The "bible" that underpins much of this work, "The Elements of Statistical Learning," was co-authored by Stanford stats faculty Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani and Jerome Friedman.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!