At the Oracle Business Intelligence analyst summit in June, company executives touted the advances and accomplishments of Oracle Business Intelligence 10g over the last several years along with outlining the features of what was announced in April as Oracle Business Intelligence 11g is now available for purchase. The new version was three years in the making, and so I last wrote about aspects of that back in 2008. Apparently it took this longer-than-usual product cycle to fully integrate the BI platform with the Oracle 11g middleware as well as with the analytic database Oracle Essbase and to create a seamless user experience with the BI capabilities. It is also important to note that Oracle BI 11g is the foundation for analytics in the Oracle Fusion Applications, the first of which are being released in 2010 though announced last year at Oracle OpenWorld.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!