Recent weeks have seen major announcements from IBM including launching a Watson business unit to “productize” cognitive computing, selling the System x (x86) Server business to Lenovo, and significant investments in expanding its focus on Cloud with SoftLayer as a key foundation. On February 18 and 19, 2014, IBM hosted analyst updates to further describe their heightened focus on Cloud. Briefings featured both the PaaS and IaaS layers of the new IBM Ecostack with BlueMix, Cast Iron and Cloudant occupying prominent positions in the PaaS layer, as well as other solutions running alongside BlueMix on top of the SoftLayer IaaS platform. IBM is now actively seeking candidates for its open beta program that will run through June 2014.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!