At IBM Information on Demand (IOD) in Las Vegas, the conference started today to introduce the latest insight to the fastest growing components of their business with analytics they have announced. IBM has invested over $12 billion in expanding their portfolio and organic development of their own technology. IBM General Manager of Analytics and Optimization Ambuj Goyal started the conference keynote discussing the expansion of focus on information management and range of acquisitions that have driven their expansion in the software. Interesting that previous years strategic partners like Cognos, FileNet and recent acquisition of SPSS (See: “IBM Boldly Elevates Analytics with Acquisition of SPSS”) are now part of IBM enterprise software efforts. IBM has made significant advancement from last year where they provided the vision for what they call the information led business (See: “The IBM Frenzy on Information Agenda for IT and Business”).
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!