The role of data in most enterprises is straightforward, but making it readily available as needed is not. The typical conundrum in today’s organization is that the lines of business store data in various applications, both internally and externally, in cloud computing environments. In times past and inside of the enterprise, this was addressed by enterprise application integration (EAI), which companies acquired and integrated into their IT middleware and infrastructure technology stacks; more recently organizations have augmented EAI with data integration technologies. In either case, IT has responsibility for the movement of data and handling that requires sophisticated technology professionals.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!