Over the past 30 years, and increasingly the last 10 years, we have seen the rise of the quants, which Felix Salmon defined in his article "Why Quants Don’t Know Everything" as “people whose native tongue is numbers and algorithms and systems rather than personal relationships or human intuition. They find numerical patterns or invent ingenious algorithms that increase profits or solve problems in ways that no amount of subjective experience can match.”
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!