The market for providing simple access to information from mobile devices such as smart phones and PDAs has been growing fast, as more choices and new products seem to be available every month. Last year, I researched and wrote about the emerging importance of Apple’s iPhone for business use (See: “Apple iPhone and New 3Gs is a Healthy Dose of Apple for Business“) across the corporate workforce. Now Actuate, a developer of BIRT, the open source software development environment, has released BIRT Mobile Viewer. The first release of which is a native iPhone application that provides an interactive experience for navigating across information from Actuate’s BIRT iServer or BIRT onDemand, its hosted platform for accessing BIRT-based applications. Actuate makes BIRT Mobile Viewer directly available for download from the Apple iPhone App Store for review, which is what I did. Here is my take on the technology, which has been under development throughout 2009.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!