When I was a grad student many years ago, I subsidized my studies doing part-time statistical and programming consulting at the university. I'd generally be presented with data on magnetic tape to read, organize and analyze by a group conducting research. At that time, my “platform” was Fortran, PL/I and SAS on an IBM mainframe.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!