The world is changing. The traditional lines of demarcation between IT and business, developers and end users, producers and consumers of info no longer work. But every time I attempt to create a matrix of business intelligence personas in this new world, I end up with so many dimensions (business vs. IT, consumers vs. producers, strategic vs. tactical vs. operational decisions, departmental vs. line of business vs. enterprise cross functional roles, running canned reports vs. ad-hoc queries, and many others.) I ended up with something quite unreadable. But there still has to be something that on the one hand shows the realities of the new BI world, yet something that fits onto a single PPT. Here's my first attempt at it. (Click on the PDF below for a larger image.)
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!