About five years ago, a Newsweek review of the then new iPod raised a concern that the shuffle feature might not be random. The author noted that of the 3,000 songs in his playlist, 3 tracks from the same album on more than one occasion ended up in his 120 song autofill: “This seemed to defy the odds,”, he opined.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!