I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised by Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s recent Wired article “Beware the Big Errors of ‘Big Data’.” Since 2004, the derivatives trader turned philosopher has published a trilogy of highly-entertaining and provocative books, “Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets,” “The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable,” and “Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder,” on the perils of modeling and prediction in today’s world.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!