I just finished working through a terrific new book, “Applied Predictive Modeling,” by Max Kuhn and Kjell Johnson. K & J present a comprehensive practitioners’ guide “to the predictive modeling process and a place where one can come to learn about the approach and to gain intuition about the many commonly used and modern, powerful models.” APM’s orientation is applied and conceptual with little obsession for arcane math. And hands-on’s the goal, so there’s lots of well-written R statistical language code to learn from.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!