Twenty-five years ago, in her pioneering study of the sociological impact of computing on the workplace — In the Age of the Smart Machine — Shoshana Zuboff defined the term “informating” to describe the generation of meaningful data by devices in the workplace that are engaged in production activity:
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!