Well-expected and finally announced is the sale of Initiate Systems to IBM. The sale should close in coming months after regulatory approval. Initiate is a master data management (MDM) technology solution provider with products called Initiate Master Data Service, data discovery technology with Initiate Inspector. They also have modules like address standardization and supporting third-party interfaces to Pitney Bowes Business Insight and data quality capabilities with connectors to third-party technology like Trillium. Initiate also had leveraged their SDK efforts into SOA architecture to make it simpler to interface to other technologies easily. Initiate had accumulated almost 200 customers across industries but had a concentration within healthcare and government industries since 1995.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!