While making the rounds of news and reports this week I came across a note from Gartner Research VP David Newman, who was comparing the phenomenon of big data to what he called “open data,” a term to describe transparent availability of data streams and services through public sources and commercial services.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!