I received an email from John Maindonald the other day. A little over a year ago, I wrote a review of an excellent statistical text, Data Analysis and Graphics Using R, John co-authored with John Braun. Part of his message was to inform that the 3rd edition of Data Analysis would be coming out soon. Maindonald is also on the faculty of the Australian National University, co-teaching a course on data mining with Graham Williams. Williams is the developer of Rattle, the R Analytical Tool To Learn Easily, a front end to the significant machine learning/data mining capabilities of R. The second piece of Johns message was a request to update the url to the course for Information Management readers. Done. I would highly recommend Math3346 for those seeking an accessible treatment of applied data mining.
Predictive Analytics World
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!