Depending on what you do, there's a greater chance you work from home these days, at least some of the time. This concept was once so novel that it had a futuristic term, "telecommuting," invented to describe it. I'm not sure that word is used much anymore, though wikipedia has an entry for it. There you will find some loosey goosey statistics that suggest that 40 percent of the working population could telecommute. I'm not sold on that, but the environmental and cost savings are potentially remarkable and easier to calculate.
All Information Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to:
- Full access to information-management.com including all searchable archived content
- Exclusive E-Newsletters delivering the latest headlines to your inbox
- Access to White Papers, Web Seminars, and Blog Discussions
- Discounts to upcoming conferences & events
- Uninterrupted access to all sponsored content, and MORE!